Children in Hospital Ireland places great importance on ensuring volunteers are supported and valued. The CIH strategic plan lists among its 6 priorities “to continue to support, value and appreciate those who volunteer their time and talents to enable CIH carry out its work.”
CIH has a responsibility to its volunteers to:
- Provide well-defined role descriptions setting out clear expectations and boundaries.
- Organise regular training and meetings for volunteers.
- Provide up-to-date child protection and health and safety training.
- Maintain recruitment, selection, training and supervisory procedures of the highest standard for all volunteers with secure and adequate records.
- Foster and safeguard a positive and safe volunteer environment.