What is the Role?
In addition to team leaders or deputy team leaders, there is always a need for volunteers to assist with settling in new volunteers, giving inductions, or partnering with new volunteers during their early shifts to build confidence and comfort levels. This is a newly developing role, with the hope of having a Welcome Team in every hospital.
What are the benefits?
- Get to know your fellow local volunteers.
- Take on a supportive role for skill building and personal development.
- Participate in actively creating a team and community in your hospital and with your peers.
- Engage in the social side of volunteering!
What is the Commitment?
Following the recruitment of new volunteers, Welcoming Volunteers would offer to volunteer for a few additional shifts with new volunteers as support, assist team leaders with inductions, and help create a welcoming environment in the WhatsApp or team. This may lead to a few busy weeks per year, but with the volunteers giving only what they can.
How to Get Involved
- Speak to your team leader to find out more about the role.
- Contact the volunteer manager to join in the next team leader meeting, tip your toe in the water and help in a small way, or to jump right in.
If you want to become a Team Leader or Welcoming Volunteer – please contact Elizabeth Morrin, Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or at call 087-794291.